Saturday, June 25, 2011

Player Profile - Penemue

Hi, and welcome to the OIA!  I hope you enjoy your stay!

About - Like Endalyon, I am a relative newcomer to Ottawa, only having been here for 5-6 years.  I'm a lover of literature and horror flicks, and I enjoy long walks on the grassy slopes of Dawn, far far away from the Antipodes border.  Oh yes, and I suppose it's important to mention that I am, by trade, a teacher.

Gaming background- Like many players, my miniature gaming career started with GW (40k, Fantasy, Necromunda, Mordheim, Blood Bowl).  I shifted over to Privateer Press for a few years, then got into Wyrd Games' Malifaux and Corvus Belli's Infinity.  I've been playing and hack-designing rpgs and table-top games since I was in grade school.

Why infinity?  In all honesty, I got into Infinity because some of the jerks around here roped me into it. :P  I wasn't a huge fan of the futuristic anime aesthetic, so I chose Ariadna as my starting faction.  After a tremendously rough patch facing down all that nasty superior tech of...well..the rest of the Sphere, I finally found my niche, and now I love trading teseum for inferior goods like the rest of Ariadna, only I do it in the form of bullets.

What do you play?(round up to the next 50 ponts) Ariadna (550 points), Yu Jing (500 points) - I was the first to dive into the relatively low-tech of Ariadna, and since then, we have racked up a good number of "backwards" Dawn-ites.  I have slowly been assembling a Yu Jing force, but with the purchase of an ISS box (damn you, postal strike...), I'm going to zig where Endalyon zagged and run the Imperial sectorial instead of those kooky JSA.  So kooky.

Anything else, punk?  Although many of the "I just hammered this out in an hour" painting threads on the Infinity forums depress me, I think that I've been getting better and better as a painter since I started Infinity.  I like to try out all the little nuances and fun aspects of Infinity that many other players ignore (close-quarters boarding actions, terrain types), and I've recently cobbled together a chart of scenarios that some of us have been trying out.  My background in textual analysis and interpretation makes me fume at some of the translations in the Infinity book, but thankfully there's a fantastic community and comprehensive FAQ to support some of the murkier rules.

Now that all that's out there, let's get cracking...skulls.  (My Dog Warrior made me say it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment